Monday, July 13, 2009

Veil drama

On Tuesday before the wedding, I realized that I had left my veil hanging in my daughter's closet in the house in Maumelle. Thankfully I remembered it on Tuesday and not on Saturday morning!

Kristi came down Thursday afternoon and she brought my veil. When I pulled it out to look at it, the bottom part of it was crinkled up and the crystals were sticking together. I just started bawling. Dane was trying to help me and trying to figure out how to fix it. He said we needed to steam it, but I don't have a steamer and I was worried about messing up the crystals since they are glued on. In the middle of this, I hear the doorbell ring. We weren't expecting anyone and I figured it was a neighbor or random person.

Dane went out to the living room and I was still crying about my veil. A couple minutes went by and he didn't come back, so I went to see who was at the door. I walked into the kitchen and my living room was full of Dane's family members. His dad had brought over all of his aunts and uncles without warning us. My eyes were red and puffy and everybody could tell I had been crying. When they saw me, the reaction was "Oh! Heyyyyy..." with the voice losing excitement. I was mortified. I went back to the bedroom and tried to get my face looking better. I came back out while they were outside. No one was going to ask what was wrong. Finally I apologized and told them I was having veil issues. When they heard that, I think they were relieved that it wasn't something worse going on, and they started trying to help me.

Later that evening, I got Dane's iron, which has a steam setting, and I got the creases out. My veil was beautiful for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment