Monday, July 13, 2009

bachelor party

Yeah... this was a problem. Not that there was one. I had no problem with that. When Dane left the house on Thursday night, he told me he would be home. I gave him plenty of opportunity to say he wouldn't be. I even gave him the don't drink and drive lecture. He said that he had too much to drink, he would have someone drop him off at the house. Either way, he would be home.

I spent the evening getting my laundry done and packing for the honeymoon. I went to bed around 1:30 wondering what time he would drag in. I fell asleep for a little while, but then woke up aware that he wasn't home yet. From about 2:30 on, I couldn't get back to sleep. I kept thinking he would be home any minute. Every time I heard a vehicle in the distance, I thought it must be him. Long story short, he didn't come home. And all the guys were supposed to be on the golf course at 9:00 Friday morning. I couldn't believe that he just hadn't come home.

My shower was Friday morning. I got out of bed around 8:00 and took a shower. I was so tired, and very upset. I've heard several times recently that people say he's pussy whipped... including his mother (that really pissed me off.) I didn't want to call him at 4:00 in the morning to see where he was and then him get teased about it. By the next morning, I was pretty much in tears because I hadn't even gotten a phone call. I kept thinking he would drag in, but then nothing. Finally around 8:45, I gave in and called him. He answered on the first ring. The FIRST ring! He wasn't asleep. He had just gotten in his truck and was coming home.

So what happened? He did so many shots that he passed out. And instead of taking him home... HOME!!!!!, they took him to his mommy's house. Yeah, his mommy's house. And no one bothered to let me know where he was or if he was okay. I was mad. I was hurt... still am hurt. I've sat and waited for someone to come home. Getting mad, then starting to think about what if something happened.. then getting mad again. It's horrible to go through and that's not what I signed up for.

He's the one who drank so much that he couldn't communicate, so it's his fault. I don't think it's funny. I don't like to hear people joke about it. I don't understand why anyone would have taken him to his mom's instead of bringing him home. And I really really don't understand why no one thought that maybe they should call and let me know where he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment